PSB Counselling Services is committed to the following:
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for individuals, couples and families to grow both personally and relationally
- Work alongside people experiencing hurt with compassion and understanding while recognizing that each client is on a unique journey through life.
- Treat all clients with respect, empathy and care, regardless of race, sex, religion, history, ethnicity, age, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
- Encourage clients to reach their potential by helping them break free from those experiences and fears that hold them back.
- Celebrate and encourage every client’s unique talents without discrimination or partiality while helping them discover their passion and purpose in life.
- Equip clients with the tools necessary to take personal responsibility for their lives and grow in meaningful ways.
A number of benefits are available from participating in therapy. Therapists can provide support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, grief, stress management, body image issues and creative blocks. Many people also find that counselors can be a tremendous asset to managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, and the hassles of daily life.
Therapists can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem or point you in the direction of a solution. The benefits you obtain from therapy depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you have learned. Some of the benefits available from therapy include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence